Web Design, Web Development and Graphic Tips

This blog or web log is my diary of working with people on the internet and creating their web sites for them. The problems, the ideas, the innovations Ive come across and what Ive created to help people get their products or message or services in front of those customers or clients. You might not agree with some of my methods but they do work... Read on my friend read on

Friday, September 28, 2007

Why Kinetic?

Ok I get asked this alot by people all the time "Why is your screen name kineticartist?"
Merriam Websters Online Dictionary has this to say about the word Kinetic
Main Entry: ki·net·ic
Pronunciation: k&-'ne-tik also kI-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Greek kinEtikos, from kinEtos, from kinein
1 : of or relating to the motion of material bodies and the forces and energy associated therewith
2 a : ACTIVE, LIVELY b : DYNAMIC, ENERGIZING kinetic performer>
3 : of or relating to kinetic art
- ki·net·i·cal·ly
/-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

and we all know what Artist means...
I put them together to make my screen name because my design philosphy is such that when I design web sites for people I try to give just enough "eye candy" to make the site visitor sit up and take notice to make the site stand out just enough from the crowd to make pople be interested in the content. I like my energy to be in the design exciting but not annoying intriguing but not so loaded with graphics it slows you down I like to see my design have movement and flow within them even if the image is static it should direct you to the message or content and besides its a cool screen name and makes people ask "Why Kinetic?

No comments: